Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Beginnings

I have enjoyed another lazy saturday, as usual. Robby joined me for a couple hours of sunbathing this morning (I know the sun is terrible for my skin, but I have an addiction), then I did some light house cleaning and laundry---so the day was not a total waste. I was pleasantly surprised to have my Mom & Dad stop by for a quick visit and was very grateful for the beautiful flowers my Dad brought to set on my back deck. My parents also brought some great news today--they are finally getting to start on their new home. I don't know if you have seen some of my older posts, but my childhood home was destroyed by fire the week before Christmas.



December 19, 2009 was one of the worst days of our lives. My parents lost every material possession they had attained over 38 years of marriage, but somehow God allowed them to walk out of the fire with their lives and so we are grateful beyond measure. The past few months have been so difficult for my parents as every task from clearing the debris to choosing the right contractor has seemed to become an overwhelming obstacle. Finally, the debris has been cleared, a contractor has been chosen, and the initial steps have now been taken in effort to begin creating a new home. I have not been able to go back to the site of my parents' home since the few days after the fire when we were attempting to find any salvageable memories. I think I will finally regain the strength to return once they start building the new house. I am so grateful for the welcome sight of a new beginning for my Mom & Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment