Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sometimes, I Really Do Need a Man

Today has been a very eventful day. I am always off from work on wednesdays so I try to schedule any type of appointment for that day. I had scheduled an appointment for my annual women's health exam today with a different gynecologist. I have followed with the same gynecologist/oncologist for the last six years, but I fear he will soon be retiring and I have been cancer free for almost 6 years so I decided to start seeing a different physician. My husband missed work today so he could drive me to my appointment. I am so grateful he decided to go with me because one of the tires on my car went flat about 1 hour into the trip. If I had been by myself, then I would still be sitting beside the road & crying. We still had 60 miles to go to reach our destination and the spare tire was designed to last about 50 miles, so we prayed for the next hour and luckily reached the dealership before the spare tire gave out. Thankfully, the dealership had a shuttle to drive me to my physician appointment.

Like I said earlier, I had chosen to see a different physician than I usually see & I experienced something I had never seen before in a gynecology office. As I was left in the dreaded room with time to undress and prepare for the annual, inevitable torture of being a woman, I took my seat on the exam table and waited for the physician to return. While I was waiting, I started looking around the room for possible reading materials to distract from the wait time. I began to glance upward when I noticed pictures above my head. Over the exam table, pictures of Matthew McConaughey, Harrison Ford, & Keith Urban were glued to the ceiling. I couldn't help but laugh. I had never seen anything similar in a gynecology office. I suppose the pictures were placed on the ceiling in effort to stimulate the female imagination. I found the whole idea to be hilarious.

After my appointment, the nice man from the car dealership returned to pick us up and take us back to our car. By this time, it was about 4:30 pm and we had still not eaten anything at all (no food all day) due to the unforeseen obstacles that occurred during our trip. We were starving & we were grouchy. I thought Robby might kill me before we could find a restaurant. Luckily, some friends met us quickly for dinner and we ended up having a very nice evening.

We are finally at home now, watching American Idol while relaxing on the couch----so glad to be home.


THANKS FOR MAKING ME SMILE TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment