My SIL at http://southern-blonde.blogspot.com/ tagged me to answer a few questions about myself, so.........
1. I have a few words that I simply cannot stand. The sound of them, the way they fill my mouth. Just the thought makes me cringe. What are your least favorite words?
I hate the word pus. It is the most disgusting word in the English language. I want to gag every time I hear someone say the word.
2. A self-declared major bookworm, I can't get enough of good fiction. What's your all-time most favorite read?
I would have to say The Da Vinci Code is my favorite book. It has been a long time since I have read the book, but I can remember I read it in one day without taking a break. I just couldn't put it down.
3. What's your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
I love breakfast food, especially homemade biscuits. Unfortunately, I don't make time to have breakfast often. I try to get every extra second of SLEEP!
4. Do you put your socks on before or after you slip your pants on?
After...I really don't know why...never really thought about it.
5. If you could cast yourself on any of TV's recent reality shows, which would it be? (Jerseylicious, Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, Chopped, The Next Food Network Star) Think broad spectrum here, ladies!
I would love to be a Real Housewive. I know I would probably get depressed over time and my husband would probably leave me as soon as I felt comfortable, but it would be nice to not have to worry about work.
6. What's your favorite attribute?
I love my laugh. It is loud and obnoxious, but I love it....it always makes other people start laughing.
7. We all have a favorite Disney movie. What's yours?
I love Cinderella. Sadly, I still believe in fairy tales and happy endings.
8. And last but not least, you win a goldfish at the local country fair. What do you name him or her?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
For the past week, I have felt the comfort of FALL attempting to push Summer into a memory. Although I cringe at the thought of allowing Summer to pass through my grasp, I do love Fall in Kentucky. It is, perhaps, the most beautiful season and brings forth SEC football, Halloween, and southern comfort food. One of my husband's favorite fall recipes is Potato Soup. I have tried many different recipes and have finally combined several of my favorites into one perfect recipe.
MY POTATO SOUP
6-8 bacon strips
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 TBSP flour
3 cups milk
16 oz velveeta cheese, cubed
2 green onions, optional for garnish
Cook bacon until crisp, then drain and crumble. In a large cooker, mix chicken broth, potatoes, carrot, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add bacon and stir. Heat to a boil, then decrease heat to simmer. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Add to soup. Bring soup to boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Garnish with green onions.
If you have a favorite Fall recipe, then please post a link.....