I know it is hard to believe, but the New Year is quickly approaching and I am already starting to think about my resolutions for 2011....
1. Delete my Facebook account. I know almost everyone in the world uses Facebook, but it is so addictive and TIME CONSUMING. I feel the need to simplify my life. I also feel bad if I decline anyone and now I have all these friends I have never met and would possibly be afraid to meet.
2. Take a Risk. There are so many things I want to accomplish, but fear is an overwhelming obstacle I have never been able to defeat. I want to take a chance in the New Year and do something I have always wanted to do.
3. Post daily on my blog. I started this blog as a means to pour out my emotions and create an online diary. However, time constraints have prevented me from posting very often. I also find myself hiding my true feelings at times. After reading other blog posts, I often compare my life to others. There are so many bloggers who paint the picture of a perfect life, which fosters my desire to post light or happy thoughts in effort to gain acceptance. No one wants to read about a sad, boring day, but I have decided to be completely honest in my future blogs and post the truth no matter how pathetic it may be. I apologize in advance....
4. Exercise daily and tone my abs for the first time ever. In my younger years, I was actually somewhat athletic and never really had to struggle with my weight or staying fit. However, after a hysterectomy at the age of 25 and the inevitable ugliness of the aging process, I have had a very difficult time controlling abdominal weight gain (I also have a large ass if I am going to be completely honest). I really want to commit to exercising everyday in the new year in effort to be healthier and to tone the ASS and ABS.
5. Make more time for friends and family. I always find it depressing when I realize how long it has been since I have seen or spoken to someone I care about. It is so easy to become enveloped in work, home, marriage, and LIFE. I really want to make a commitment to make more time for others.
So.......these are just a few of my ideas for possible New Year's Resolutions. Have you thought about any changes for 2011?