Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Turks and Caicos


We decided to vacation in Turks & Caicos this year with our friends Andrea & Travis. It was absolutely wonderful and I wish I could afford to stay there forever. I really have to start playing the lottery.



We stayed at a new resort, The Veranda. It is located in Providenciales and just opened in February 2010. The resort is actually all-inclusive, a rare find in Turks & Caicos.

















Below is a picture of us in front of our room. The suites were very spacious with a small kitchen & laundry room. The staff at The Veranda was wonderful & our rooms were cleaned at least twice everday.









This was the most comfortable bed ever!!! It felt like sleeping on a cloud. I love fluffy beds!


Below is a picture of our new friend Mazie from the Jersey Shore. She was also staying at The Veranda and she was amazing. One night at dinner, a guitar player was taking requests and Andrea & I asked him to play Islands in the Stream by Kenny & Dolly. She came over to our table to sing with us, then invited us to a local club to sing karaoke. We love her! She loves and embraces every second of life. I aspire to someday experience the freedom & confidence Mazie personifies.


Mazie was a great singer!


Me and Andrea were NOT so great singers. I know everyone was praying for us to stop. I am sorry Madonna! You would have probably asked us to leave the stage.


Below is a picture of us before going to Coco Bistro. The restaurant was great! Everyone on the island told us this was one of the best places to eat & we were not disappointed. The food was delicious & the atmosphere was phenomenal. The dining area was outdoors, covered by only the foliage of the palms--very romantic! 





Below is a picture of our beach at the resort. This is where we spent the largest amount of our time. This is also the sight of one of my most embarassing moments ever!!!! On thursday, we were lying in the sun when Robby asked me to get up for something (I can't even remember what he asked me to do). Anyway, as I began to sit up, my top completely popped off. I have never seen anything like it. It was not like it just fell down-- it popped off like a boomerang, ultimately resulting in me flashing a non-suspecting Chinese man. I thought I would die! Then, Robby was laughing so hard, it took him 5 minutes to help me get the top back on. I swear this could have only happened to me.


Below is a picture of one of the many Turks & Caicos sunsets we were able to enjoy each night.


We enjoyed this vacation so much. We would definitely recommend the island & the resort to everyone.



I am also having some pictures of our snorkeling trip developed, so I will try to post some of those pics later this week. I know I have posted a thousand pictures tonight, but the place was so beautiful!--Such a wonderful way to celebrate our 4th anniversary. I wish every week could be a vacation.......

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I love the picture of you and Robby where you're in the pink. I cannot believe you did karaoke without me and Shane ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stole some pictures! Love the karaoke one... especially since I thought I was holding a mic instead of a beer bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh amazing!!!!!!! Im so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun vacation! It looks so beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete