Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TOP 2 TUESDAY--INDULGENCES


BIGGEST INDULGENCES

Believe it or not, I am a very frugal person when considering most expenses, but there are a few splurges I can't resist....

1. WRINKLE CREAM
Robby tells me I believe anything, no matter how ridiculous! After I hit 30, I really began to stress over the ever-increasing abundance of wrinkles that seem to be overcoming my eyes. I have tried almost every facial system or wrinkle cream--no matter how expensive. I have decided my favorite skin care regimen is the Nu-Derm system by Obagi (mainly because it includes Retin-A in the regimen). The only downfalls with the system are the cost and the fact it has to be prescribed by a physician. You cannot order the complete system online, which makes purchasing the products a time-consuming inconvenience. I am also a supporter of The Eye Concentrate by La Mer. Robby says I am crazy to spend so much on an eye cream, but it lasts  4-5 months and really seems to work. I usually save all my loose change and I use that money to purchase my wrinkle cream every few months.......I don't feel as guilty about making the purchase when I use my left-over change.
                                                  
2. VACATION
My other indulgence is VACATION! I love the beach and we try to visit a different island in the Caribbean every year for our anniversary. We consider the annual trip as our anniversary present to each other.

                                     
                                                               Turks and Caicos

4 comments:

  1. Great choices!! I've heard that La Mer is very good, but also very expensive. Thanks for the tip about saving change to buy it. Think I'll try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love La Mer... saving your change is such a great idea! I am gonna have to try it!

    And beach vacations are always worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the La Mer!! We are coming with y'all on vacation next year..be prepared...momma's gonna need a break ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have won an award! Check it out here:
    http://quesramblings.blogspot.com/2010/09/ccl-from-crazy-cat-lady-library-has.html

    Susan
    http://quesramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete