Monday, July 19, 2010

Grateful for Monday

Tonight, I am grateful to be home after a very long and stressful day at work. I had to stay an hour late tonight and kept thinking I was never going to see my home or my husband again. Ten hour work days can be exhausting. I keep telling myself I am lucky to have a job. I know so many people, in this country, would give anything to have the opportunity to go to work everday. Sometimes, it is very easy to forget how fortunate I truly am.

It is amazing how much better I feel as soon as I see my home after a long day at work. Somehow, all the tension evaporates from my body as soon as I step through the door. My heart breaks for my parents as they do not have a true home right now. After losing their home to fire at Christmas, they have lived in a temporary house while building a new home. I never knew building a home could be such a time-consuming obstacle, but I am very grateful the new house is now under roof. It won't be long until they know the comforts of home again.


I am also grateful for the relaxing weekend that just didn't last long enough. We stayed at the lake on saturday night and enjoyed a very peaceful evening.







The lake is always so relaxing.....And I love watching people put their boats into the water. I have never seen a boater with a frown on his/her face. They are always happy. Don't you wish you could spend everyday on the water?



1 comment:

  1. Our journey has begun!... secretly though =)

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog. Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post now up.

    I’d love for you to stop by. Exciting things going on around here!

    http://www.definitelymaybebaby.com/

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete