Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today has been a wonderful day. I decided to cook for both my mother & mother-in-law to show them how grateful I am for their love, guidance, and acceptance. We were also able to celebrate a new-mom-to-be, my sister-in-law Jennifer (http://southern-blonde.blogspot.com/). I am so excited because tomorrow we will learn if they are having a baby boy or girl. I cannot wait to be an Auntie and my husband is thrilled with the thought of being an uncle!

I was so nervous about making dinner for the family today. I am always afraid everything will taste awful, but everyone at least acted as though the food was edible so I am very grateful. I made lasagna & pea salad, and my sister-in-law brought lemon lush for dessert (one of my favorites). We had planned on eating outside, but the weather just didn't cooperate so we ate dinner in our formal dining room for the first time ever! I am ashamed to say this, but we have lived in this home for 4 years and had never used our dining room.

I am so extremely grateful for my mother. She has been a great role model and influence in my life. I am also grateful for a wonderful mother-in-law who has loved and accepted me as if I was her own daughter. Today has been a complete blessing. I hope all mothers have had a wonderful Mother's Day. I also pray for God's strength and comfort for all those who have lost their mothers. I know today can be a difficult day for so many.

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful day and you had nothing to worry about in the cooking department- everything was delicious...thanks for being a great hostess.

    ReplyDelete