Saturday, September 15, 2012

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Beauty Products

I have not written a Show Us Your Life post in some time, but this is a topic I LOVE to discuss. I think I have tried every beauty product...at least once. Here a few of my favorites:

1. The Cleanser: I have tried too many facial cleansers from all price ranges and I always...ALWAYS...come back to this. It is simply the best.





2. Wrinkle Control: So I am in my 30's....and the wrinkles become more obvious everyday! I don't want to start Botox just yet, so these are a few of my favorite wrinkle fighters of all time.


Seriously, I have tried so many eye creams from Olay to Obagi and the Eye Concentrate by La Mer beats them all. Nothing else can even compare. I actually see a difference in my skin if I forget to use this for one night. It is a miracle product......expensive, but a little bit goes a long way....one jar will easily last 6 months.


      If you are over 30, then you need to use Retin-A every night. This prescription-only cream can actually prevent wrinkles!

3. The Eyes: I use too much eye make-up, but I just love it!


I line my upper eyelids with Lancome liquid artliner. It is very mistake proof.



I use Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner for the lower lids. I have to use waterproof eyeliner & mascara for the lower lashes because I am an emotional wreck.



www.lancome-usa.com
 
I use the non-waterproof version of Hypnose Drama for my upper lashes.
 

Dior 5 Couleurs is the BEST eyeshadow on the market. There is no reason to try anything else.


Even though, I have tried several different under eye concealers, I have never been able to find a product that completely satisfies me. If anyone has any concealer suggestions, then PLEASE post a comment with your advice.

4: The Face: I have used Studio Fix by MAC for several years and I love the product. However, as I am starting to age, I notice that this make-up will thicken over my lines and almost make them more noticeable. Today, I tried Bare Escentuals READY foundation for the first time. I do like this foundation because it feels so light, but I almost wish I had tried the original Bare Escentual foundation first. Please, let me know if you have tried Bare Escentuals or if you have advice for best make-up for the aging face.


These are just a few of my favorite products. I will stop now, because I could on for days about beauty products & skincare.


4 comments:

  1. i'm dying to try those dior shadows! i love my cle de peau concealer... even kim k uses it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little OT, but when one of my sisters was a nurse, she swore by hemp (yep, marijuana) based hand lotion as an antidote to the constant disinfecting. She said it worked like an absolute charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi,

    Hope all is well at your end! I just wanted to stop by and nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award. Swing by my blog to collect it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, nice blog. Checkout our website
    Derma Touch
    They have really good products which have helped my skin look much healthier and even tone.

    ReplyDelete