Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesdays are for Weddings!

My Old Kentucky Home

Wedding Inspiration

It is Derby time in Kentucky! A time most Kentuckians look forward to each year, with visions of beautiful clothes, hats, mint juleps and red roses.........and, of course, the horses! Today, I am embracing old Kentucky tradition as inspiration for weddings.

The Dress:

Go for glamour! It's all about class, elegance, tradition and sophistication.

Angel Rivera
Daniela


The Bridesmaid Dress:

You have to go with red!


Jim Hjelm Occasions


The Flowers:

Red Roses.......could there be another choice?

The Bridal Bouquet
Bridal Bouquet: Floral Designs by Megan O’Malley and Sarah Widmer, Lafayette

Photo By: Angela R. Talley Studio, Carmel
Heidi and Michael's wedding in Indianapolis, IN

The Reception Centerpiece
Floral arrangement by: Daryl Murchison Design

Photo: Zontini Studios
Megan and Curt's wedding in Houston, TX


The Cake:


Cake: Ana Parzych Custom Cakes, Cheshire, CT

Photo By: Antonis Achilleos

Kentucky Wedding Favors:

Mini Maker's Mark Favors

Dirty Old Horseshoe from Churchill Downs


Jockey Silk Chocolate Sucker



Mint Julep Cups


Rose Seed in Gift Box


Please share your Kentucky wedding ideas!










2 comments:

  1. I love that red bridesmaid dress! And of course I'm a sucker for mint julep cups.. I've been slacking on wedding Wednesday, but I always love your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here...I am in a writing/blogging funk, but I still like to read those that I follow.

    ReplyDelete