Thursday, April 29, 2010

Anguilla

As summer approaches, I am sure everyone is starting to plan vacations. I, personally, cannot wait for my next vacation-- I am counting down the days. Over the next few weeks, I plan to blog about some of our favorite trips. One of our best vacations was our honeymoon in 2006. We stayed at Cap Juluca in Anguilla.





The resort was amazing, compromised of multiple small villas spread along one of the most beautiful stretches of beach I have ever witnessed. Our room opened to a large terrace that overlooked the gorgeous Caribbean. I have never stepped onto a beach where the sand actually felt like sugar, except in Anguilla.
This vacation, our honeymoon, definitely showed me just how much my husband truly loves me. The resort offered floats to use in the ocean so I asked Robby to keep an eye on me while I floated and he stayed back on the beach. He watched out for me----When I woke up, I had floated to St. Martin while he was asleep on the beach. He thought my little adventure was just hilarious and I thought he was....well...I just won't say what I thought about him!







While on a snorkeling trip, our tour guides stopped by some cliffs to demonstrate their cliff-diving skills. Some of the other tourists also jumped from the cliffs. I told Robby he would always have regrets if he didn't jump, so he swam to the cliff and started his climb to the top. I steadied my camera, preparing for the big jump when the nut just started running and dove head first into the ocean. I almost died. I was really dreading calling his parents to tell them of his death, but thankfully he lived and I did get the picture!




Robby climbing the cliff

Robby completing the dive--you can see his shadow on the cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment